President and Founder of Potter's Inn
Stephen W. Smith and his wife Gwen are the Co-Founders of a Christian ministry called, Potter’s Inn.
Steve and Gwen have been married since 1980 and spent 32 years ministering together to the hearts of people around the world. Steve has pastored churches in Kentucky, North Carolina and the Netherlands. Steve studied at Lenoir Rhyne University, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and Fuller Seminary. Gwen has a BS from the University of North Carolina and is a Registered Nurse. Gwen pursued studies at Denver Seminary where she fulfilled the 2 year program for Soul Care. She is a spiritual director.
Steve and Gwen lead retreats throughout the world for leaders in the marketplace as well as ministry. A focus for Steve and Gwen is their work with individuals and couples in “Soul Care Intensives”–a private retreat with leaders. Steve and Gwen speak focus much of their time and work with missionaries. Gwen is a TCK (Ethiopia) and together they lived overseas in Europe planting churches before the fall of Communism.
Steve and Gwen have four adult sons and four daughters through their son’s marriages.
Potter’s Inn was founded in 2003. It is a 501 C3 and registered with the United States Internal Revenue Service. The ministry seeks donations from donors throughout the world.
Potter’s Inn does five things:
- We guide retreats around the world.
- We offer Soul Care to individuals and teams.
- We develop resources through books, small groups and the arts to help people.
- We own and operate our own retreat, Potter’s Inn at Aspen Ridge.
Location: Divide, Colorado
- Inside Job - Doing the Work Within the Work
- The Lazarus Life: Spiritual Transformation for Ordinary People
- The Jesus Life: 8 Ways to Recover Authentic Christianity
- Embracing Soul Care: Making Space for What Matters Most
- Soul Custody: Choosing to Care for the One and Only You